As you all know I am a military spouse. I am a wife of a husband who is known to be predictable in my actions. We get paid twice a month. Those two days it is common for the 10 thousand members of the military of the base we live to do their groceries on these two days. Not all 10 thousand members go to the same grocery store, so don't think that this is the reason for my rant!
There are two grocery stores in the neighboring town to us that is literally like 8km (approx 3 miles) from our home. One I find is very much over priced and its usually an additional 100.00 more than going to the alternative store. However I am tempted to go into the next major city which is like 30km (approx 12 miles) away. Here are the examples as to why:
1. What is advertised in the flyer that week, is usually not in stock, sold out, or they just didn't have that particular flavor.
2. There are never enough staff members on the check outs on these two days a month. The lines are usually 5 people long or more and the cashiers are as slow as molasses.
3. They do not have a consistency of product. One week ground beef is available the next its not.
4. The store is borderline not clean.
5. They don't carry a variety of product. No name pickles vs. Valassic only.
Now I've mentioned to some followers in the past, that I don't mind grocery shopping. Sadly its one of my only times of getting out of the house. Its interaction outside the family walls. But I get so frustrated for stores that are near a military base that do not "support our troops" to the best of their ability.
After all, if these men and women can fight for our freedoms then can't you supply the damned pickles they like?